Living labs belonging to this type conduct research in an area of the delta in a lifelike setting and in collaboration with the quadruple helix in view of social challenges. A living lab is not a traditional project with a start and end point. A consortium of governments, water boards, civil society organizations and other parties in the area is investigating what is needed to make water management and associated business models more sustainable. Ultimately, this will lead to a concrete research agenda for the area, accelerating transitions and making better use of human and human resources
natural capital. The education chain will also be closed in the living labs and the next generation of experts will be trained.
Living labs are:
- Lifelike – Searching for solutions to issues from areas with their own context.
- Jointly – Companies, knowledge institutions, governments (and residents).
- Multidisciplinary – Contribution from all relevant knowledge domains.
- Investigative – Obtaining data and enriching knowledge.
- Contemporary – Using digital knowledge and techniques.